Venison jerky marinade is the mixture you brine the meat in for 12 – 24 hours before you start the process of drying the venison. The venison jerky marinade you use to create your venison jerky recipes will directly affect the taste and flavor of the end product. You can experiment with different recipes until you find one that suits you best. Don’t be afraid to use different ingredients. Things like lemon juice, orange juice, maple syrup or honey can really add some great layers of flavor to your venison jerky recipes. I love to add new and unique flavors to my venison jerky recipes and ask my friends and family to guess what it in it.
Here are some ideas to create a great base for venison jerky marinade recipe to get you started. Use these main ingredients and add other ingredients to customize your own venison jerky recipe!
Ingredients – amounts depend on the amount of meat you are making venison jerky marinade for.
1. A sweet component like brown sugar, maple syrup, white sugar or honey
2. Black or cayenne pepper to add some heat
3. Some onion powder, garlic powder or garlic salt for another layer of flavor
4. Some lemon or orange juice to add some acidity
5. Liquid smoke, if you aren’t utilizing a smoker or a dehydrator
7. Hot pepper sauce like red hot for another layer of heat
8. Worcestershire sauce, teriyaki sauce, soy sauce or a combination of the three
If you take the time to create a great tasting venison jerky marinade the result will be well worth it.